If you wish to plan an outdoor wedding, you have to think about a lot more than just the food and the venue. What you need to consider is what kind of weather conditions you’ll be dealing with, what kind of shoes are appropriate for walking through grass or sand, and how to keep guests comfortable while they’re outside.
That being said, here are some tips to make sure your outdoor celebration is as beautiful and memorable as you want it to be:
1) Think about the weather. If the forecast looks bad, don’t be afraid to move your ceremony inside or to a different location – always have a plan B. Moreover, if your area is known for having inconsistent weather, you may want to consider wedding insurance. It covers rain in case the big day has to be postponed due to bad weather.
2) Rent a tent. If there’s no way around it, consider renting a tent so that at least part of your ceremony will be protected. Make sure to choose a large enough tent for all your guests to fit comfortably. This way, if it does rain during your outdoor wedding reception or ceremony, everyone will be able to stay dry and comfortable – while also enjoying their time with family and friends! If the weather is predicted to become colder, you can also consider providing blankets to keep them warm.
3) Choose a venue that has a backup plan if the weather isn’t cooperating. If you plan an outdoor wedding, it’s important to find a venue with indoor space for inclement weather. Marie Selby Gardens is the perfect choice if you want flexibility in your wedding plans and an elegant, tropical backdrop. Their garden-like setting provides endless possibilities for couples who wish to craft a unique wedding experience.
Kaitlynne and Troy, the couple I photographed at Marie Selby Gardens, wanted something laid back with an elegant garden allure for their memorable event. Thus, the setting was perfect for them!
The couple also wanted to be able to customize their space as much as possible without having too many restrictions or limitations. That’s exactly what Marie Selby Gardens offers – a blank canvas for couples to curate their dream wedding outside. The gardens are gorgeous, but you can also opt for a large tent if you are worried that the weather may not cooperate. Marie Selby Gardens is known for its unparalleled service. They are dedicated and eager to plan an outdoor wedding of your dreams. The venue offers several different packages, and the team of professionals will work with you to create a bespoke experience that fits your needs and budget.
4) Wear appropriate shoes! This is probably one of the most important tips – wear comfortable and supportive shoes. If you’re going to be on your feet for long periods, make sure to bring shoes with good arch support and cushioning. It’s also essential to consider the type of shoe that will work best in your situation. For example, if you’re getting married in a garden or outdoor setting, naturally, it might not be appropriate to wear heels!
5) Educate your guests about the weather situation. If it’s going to rain on your wedding day based on the forecasts, tell them a few days in advance. In this way, they will know what to expect and how to dress accordingly!
With so many variables involved, it can be difficult to plan an outdoor wedding. If you’re looking for professional photographs that truly portray the essence of your special day, please contact me